Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Relinquish your attachment to it


"The Law of Detachment says that in order to acquire anything in the physical universe, you have to relinquish your attachment to it. This doesn’t mean that you give up the intention to create your desire. You don’t give up the intention, and you don’t give up the desire. You give up your attachment to the result.” ~ Deepak Chopra from The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success

I see it like this:
You can try real hard to make things happen and create a lot of unhappiness in your life waiting for the results of these 'great' actions because your intention is unclear. 
or
You can act from your heart and do the best you can in every situation you encounter without expecting anything back, apart from feeling good because you have a clear intention.

If you find yourself waiting for a response for a job, waiting for the man of your dreams to call you back after a date, waiting for your partner to appreciate all your do, and so on….ask yourself these two questions:

Would I rather feel fulfilled and happy because I have a clear intention behind my actions, therefore I am independent of the outcome? 
or 
would I rather feel anxiety because the intention behind my actions are unclear and therefore I rely on the outcome to value who I am?

Where are my actions coming from?
"Let’s maintain our passionate commitment to our ideals and goals and intentions and desires. "Brian Johnson

Just don’t be attached. 
Stay present in every step of your journey, engage in your actions from the heart. 
Don’t get all caught up in whether it will work out or not. 
What do you need to do next? 
Be consistent, have faith, and show up…the results will show up on your doorsteps.
Stay aware and receptive.

No comments:

Post a Comment